Attention school district leaders, superintendents, and school board members. You are invited to attend a one-day symposium on “choice” in public schools hosted by the Grand Prairie Independent School District. The symposium is scheduled for Thursday, September 12, 2013, from 8:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the University of Texas at Arlington’s College Park Center.
Tentative Event Schedule:
- School Choice Survey in Texas – Dr. David Anthony, CEO, Raise Your Hand Texas
- GPISD and Choice – Dr. Susan Hull, GPISD Superintendent, and GPISD Board of Trustees
- Let’s Meet in the Middle: Conversations Across the Aisle to Support Public School Choice – State Senator Royce West and State Senator Kelly Hancock, moderated by Dr. Mike Moses
- The Choice is Clear. The Choice is Careers. – Tom Pauken, former Texas Workforce Commission Chairman
- The Story of the SKY Partnership – Dr. Mike Feinberg and Spring Branch ISD
- Tarrant County Choices – Dr. Robin Ryan, Grapevine/Colleyville ISD Superintendent, and Dr. Marcelo Cavazos, Arlington ISD Superintendent
- The Power of Commit! – Todd Williams, Executive Director of Commit!
- “Game On” – J. Puckett, Senior Partner and Managing Director of the Boston Consulting Group
- Speed Learning Tables for Specific Questions
The cost to attend the symposium is FREE. For more information, contact Sam Buchmeyer, GPISD Director of Public Information, at (972) 264-6141.